Deserorcs have…as noted below.
- +4 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence.
A deserorc’s starting Intelligence score is always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3.
- Humanoid (dragonblood, orc): Deserorcs are humanoids with the dragonblood and orc subtypes.
- +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the dragon type. The deserorcs have an innate sense of how best to defend themselves against their potential enemies.
- Immunity to Frightful Presence: Deserorcs are immune to the frightful presence ability of dragons, just as if they were dragons.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, deserorcs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Deserorc base land speed is 30 feet.
Wings (Ex): All deserorcs hatch sporting fully formed wings. Deserorcs can use these wings to aid their jumps (granting a +10 racial bonus on Jump checks) and to glide. Those with 6 HD or more can use their wings to fly.
Gliding: A deserorc can use her wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Deserorcs glide at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. Even if a deserorc’s maneuverability improves, she can’t hover while gliding. A deserorc can’t glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.
If a deserorc becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, her wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them. The deserorc descends slowly in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter the actual distance of the fall.
Flight: When a deserorc reaches 6 HD, she gains a fly speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. A deserorc can’t fly while carrying a medium or heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted.
A deserorc can safely fly for a number of consecutive rounds equal to her Constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). She can double this length of flight but is fatigued by such exertion. The deserorc is likewise fatigued after spending a total of more than 10 minutes per day flying. Because a deserorc can glide before, after, and between rounds of actual flight, she can remain aloft for extended periods, even if she can only use flight for 1 round at a time without becoming fatigued.
When she reaches 12 HD, a deserorc has enough stamina and prowess to fly without tiring. She can fly at a speed of 30 feet (average maneuverability) with no more exertion than walking or running.
A deserorc with flight can make a dive attack. A dive attack works like a charge, but the deserorc must move a minimum of 30 feet and descend at least 10 feet. A deserorc can make a dive attack only when wielding a piercing weapon. If the dive attack hits, it deals double damage.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic, and Orc. Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, and Abyssal.
- Favored Class: Dragonfire Adept. A multiclass deserorc’s dragonfire adept class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +0.